Monday, April 9, 2012

Hospitality

"Cheerfully share your home with those who need a meal or a place to stay." I Peter 4:9

"Need" might be a stretch, but it was my pleasure to share my home this weekend.

If you would have seen the piles of laundry, the smell of our garbage can, and the hair that had collected on our bathroom floor at the end of last week you would likely not have guessed that we were the host for Easter dinner this year.

Thankfully, it didn't take too long to get things presentable and food prepared.  We even had plenty of time to enjoy an Easter egg hunt on Saturday and an awesome church service Sunday morning.

Mom, Phil, Alicia, their three kids, and my grandparents came over for Easter dinner.  It was so much fun - such a pleasure to be surrounded by aged wisdom and youthful energy in the same dining room.  Dinner was followed by an egg hunt, more food, a couple of rounds of cards, more food, and then a pitful showing (on my part) of Acquire.

I enjoyed every minute of it.

If you've ever hesitated to open up your home, forget your excuses.  It's worth it.  We have a small house, a tiny kitchen, a toaster oven, no dishwasher, and no time.  And we hosted!  We did it, and we'll do it again!

Brothers on Easter!

2 comments:

  1. And you do it with such ease! I am always a nervous train wreck trying to get everything together. Perhaps you can give me some of your 'insider tips' so I can host graciously too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you all are wonderful wonderful people who are a joy to be around! :) so thankful for these moments together for your family!

    ReplyDelete