Monday, July 4, 2011

Fourth

Happy Fourth of July!  Not only because my husband teaches American history, but also because I'm proud of my grandpas and the other service members out there, this day wouldn't be complete without remembering the reason for this yummy celebration.  So, for what it's worth: Thank You.  As for us, parades, hamburgers, ice-cream, humidity, red T-shirts and fireworks are all on the agenda for the day.  And for the record, this is one of my favorite holidays - next to Christmas and my birthday.

Don't you think this would also be a good day for a birthday?  I think so.  As much as I wanted to have this baby boy by now, for the past few days I've been thinking: Well, if I don't have the baby today, that means I could still have him on the fourth.  It's been giving me a little something exciting to hope for.  Unfortunately, despite a lot of contractions, I don't think this baby is going to be a firecracker either.  His red-white-and-blue newborn outfit isn't going to be worn today.  I guess another day in July is going to become a new favorite holiday.

So, here's to having a relaxing day, and hopefully a much less relaxing day in the "near" future.

1 comment:

  1. I find it amusing that you bought a 4th of July outfit for him just in case he decided to come :)

    ReplyDelete